Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Days

The whole phase of beginning has finally worn out its welcome. These days I find myself laughing for no reason, smiling more, enjoying my classes, being busy. A little more structure is finally being introduced to my studies with the beginning of tutorials this week. I am grateful, because I am resigned to the fact that I will not be able to find an internship before the end of the semester. I go to one office, I get redirected to another person who doesn’t pick up their phone when I happen to call. Oh Italy. I am also still waiting for a textbook for one of my classes: it has been two weeks since I ordered it and only now did they figure out that the editor changed distributors so the order was basically calling out to no one. But I am not depressed because of the fact, I am just going to wait a few more days and then read, read, read.

It is telling that all the Middlebury students laughed at our last meeting when we were faced yet again with the uncertainty of the initiation of exam registration, maybe in a month, or maybe the week before the exam, we can’t be sure. At least now we’re laughing.

It feels so nice to laugh again, at stupid jokes, at the craziness of bureaucracy or lack thereof or for no reason at all. At the dinner table tonight, I just started laughing. I felt like it. And it felt so good.

No comments: