Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Percolating

Seeing that I haven't written in over a week, I realize that I must say something, anything. I have a few ideas in mind and they are slowly distilling. I've been busy focusing on networking, applying for jobs and following up. A lot of energy has been going out and, so far, the response has been slow and unsuccessful. Don't get me wrong, I have had some incredible meetings and received very positive feedback. The constraint of only being here for a short amount is definitely playing against me. Were I here for 3 years, I would definitely have a job right now (but both my own personal schedule and my mother wouldn't allow that!). It looks like I am going to have to resort to Plan B (B for Barista) and nail something down very shortly. I usually write big emails to friends and family every month or so, but have been holding off because I wanted to write when I had good news. But life isn't all about good news, sometimes it is about struggle, and accepting that struggle and the humility that comes with it.

It has been a period of great learning: learning to network, find resources, meet new people without previous contact, make many iterations of my CV, write multiple letters, and call people back to follow up. It's been tough, but it's been beautiful.

More soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Change the agenda! Never mind the mother!! 2 - 3 years sounds like a great plan!!! Go Stef go!!!

xoxo