Sunday, April 16, 2006

Nursing light

I don’t want to share this with you all, I just want to keep it close to my heart, clasped between my palms, a delicate and fragile light, pulsing with its first breaths, still young, I want to hold it close and nurse it, perhaps never let it go. Love only shows up unexpectedly, happening organically, growing slowly. Sometimes I wonder how long it will be until we fight, until we are separated, until we have to deal with unfaithful actions. But I can’t even think of that. I can’t see beyond this moment, here, you, now, sharing who I am without thinking about it, no filter, nothing held back. Open hearts connecting. There are things about you I could grow to hate, but I don’t care, it doesn’t bother me. They’re superficial, I’m attracted to so much more, to something within you that always smiles. It’s something light that we share, passing from one to another, smiling and growing. I could just lie wrapped in sheets, in pause, in words, in laughter, losing myself. Even silence is sweet, subtly powerful. It still grows, we still explore, and it feels like it’s been so long already. I just want to let it silently germinate, breathing, growing brighter.

No comments: