Monday, June 22, 2009

Coop Living

For these 6 weeks I am spending in Boston, I managed to find a nice cooperative house located between Harvard and Porter Squares. It's fun to come into a living arrangement where there are 8 other people milling about and where we share things. There's always good food in the fridge and plenty of grains to choose from. You never know who is doing what, or where you'll encounter your next conversation. It is a lovely little micro-community and I definitely feel safe and happy to return to the house after long days at the GSD.

Part of my routine is packing a lunch for my day in design. This past week there were massive amounts of 4 bean chili and rice and beans prepared and so I paired those with salads and fruit and granola bars to complete my lunches. I don't think I have ever eaten so many beans in one week in my life. Beans, beans good for your heart...

Part of living in the house means taking part in communal dinners on Wednesday. Right in the middle of my very hectic first week, I made the resolve to come home and eat with my housemates. It was so nice to have a sit down dinner, a moment of silence and gratitude beforehand and just be surrounded by the din of dinnertime conversation.

That's all for now, more news, photos and adventures to come as they unfold...

No comments: